Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Favorite Candidate For the Head Coaching Job

  • I have to say that at this point, there is no way to know who really is a candidate and who isn't. Looking at all the names out there to this point, I have decided who my favorite candidate is. That candidate would be Paul Johnson out of Georgia Tech. He would be a perfect fit at Auburn. It took him only one year to turn the program at GT around. I love watching his option attack run all over defenses. This is who I want to be the new head coach at Auburn! However, there is one problem. He has only been at Georgia Tech for one year, and it would probably be pretty hard to pry him away.
Another of my favorite coaches among those being mentioned is Chris Peterson out of Boise State. He is only a HC in the WAC, but his team is constantly undefeated. Seems to be a very good coach and man to my knowledge. I like the way his team plays, they are very consistant and win games. He could be a very good head coach.

On the other hand, I have thought about it overnight and have come to the conclusion that the next Auburn HC will probably be Mike Leach. After finding out that Washington is apparantly going to name USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian head coach, I got to thinking and it seems as though all signs are pointing to Leach as the next HC. I am still trying to decide if I really want him to be the coach. If Leach could retain Paul Rhodes as DC, I would like it a lot better. Imagine Texas Tech's offense with a Paul Rhodes defense! That team would be very hard to beat.

Among some of the other possibilites for the job are:

  • Will Muschamp (Texas): Don't see him coming. I think he likes it at Texas, and he is Head Coach in waiting.
  • Bobby Petrino (Arkansas): Has only been at Arkansas for one year and has a clause in his contract that says he can not go to another SEC West school. That means no!
  • Steve Spurrier (South Carolina): Seriously? I don't know about this one. Would be a huge hire that would likely bring many recruits with him. I think his last coaching gig is South Carolina. I just don't see where there is any chance he leaves.
No matter who Auburn chooses to be the next coach, I will support them. Jay Jacobs said today in the press conference over and over again that they would "choose the coach that best fits in with the Auburn family." I hope he lives up to his word and does just that. That is all I have for you today............................WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you can get sly crume

Alex said...

Sly croom is a terrible idea