Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuberville OUT as Auburn Head Coach


10 years, 80-45, one SEC championship, 13-0 in 2004 in the toughest conference in college football, 6 wins in a row vs. our biggest rival, the best record in the SEC since 2000........................What a run it has been with ex-coach (that sounds weird) Tommy Tuberville. I don't know what I am going to do next year when I go to an Auburn game and slap a different coaches had at the Tiger walk. I am going to miss those days. I really am! Auburn could not have had a better coach at the school the last 10 years. The way he conducted himself, kept his players out of trouble, and communicated with the media very well. With all that said, I accept the decision made by athletics director Jay Jacobs and university president Jay Gouge. I don't like it at all, but I do however accept it. The main thing I do not understand is who they plan on coming in. Surely they have talked to someone and it should not take long to name the new head coach. I say this because when you fire a coach like Tuberville, you must have someone in mind. There have been two coaches that have been rumored to have been contacted:

Mike Leach, Texas Tech: Good coach, nut head, could be a good hire. This is one of the few big names out there. I personally don't like him all that much because I like to see good defense and with Leach, you are not going to have that good of a defense. He is 4-12 against his big rivals in the Big 12. Do we really want that at Auburn? I don't! I want a proven winner.

Bobby Petrino, Arkansas: This is the man that was contacted in jet gate before the iron bowl in 2003. I think he is a very good coach, but he has only been at Arkansas for 1 year. It is going to be hard to get him away from there, but who knows.

Sad day for me. All we can do from here is wait and see what goes on. That's all I have for today................................................WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE TRUTH IS WE HAVE SABAN AND YOU DONT................HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!

36-0 WAS SWEET

Katie said...

You can keep Saban as your coach. I personally glad that Saban is not Auburn's coach. You may win games but the lack of class he shows on the field should embarrass you. I hope Auburn finds a coach that has class and can win games! WARRRRR EAGLe!!!!