Monday, December 15, 2008

War Chizik?



Gene Chizik? Really? After 10 days of waiting, 10 days of speculation, and 10 days of Jay Jacobs interviewing any person that has a heart beat and breaths, the search is over. Gene Chizik is Auburn's new Head Coach. I know, I know, 5-19 in two years as a head coach. I know, 2-10 this season with a 10 game losing streak, I have heard it all. Calm down, calm down, it's not going to be that bad. It is kind of hard to get excited when he has that kind of record, but look at what he did at Auburn. In 2004, his defense allowed only 11 points per game, and the team was 13-0. The next year, he was the defensive coordinator at Texas where they were 13-0 with a national title. His streak ended the next year at 29 games. The man knows how to win. Before we start putting him down and throwing him under the bus, lets give him a chance.
What I have heard about him so far, and what I have seen so far has been positive. I have read a couple of things about him from people who have coached around him that have said he is a very good coach that is fiery and knows how to win. This could be just what Auburn needs. Sunday night, he met with all of the assistants. He told them all to look for other jobs. A lot of Auburn fans (not I) wanted a major change, and this is what we are getting. Lets hope he gets out there and hires some big time coordinators to help with recruiting, we're going to need it. He also met with HIS team Sunday. He said "Don't be worried. This isn't a rebuilding thing. I'm not going to start from the ground up. We're coming out next year and we're going to be a lot better football team." I like the way that sounds. He sounds very determined and ready to get to work. Watching the video of his arrival he seemed very excited. He gave everyone a WAR EAGLE and said he was happy to be back at Auburn.
I don't know about everyone else, but so far so good. HC Chizik has done nothing wrong at Auburn, and until he does he has my support. All of you Auburn fans that are ready to jump ship can go ahead. We don't want you! Everyone else, lets support him and give him a warm welcome! That's all I have for today...........................................WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did Auburn settle for mediocrity?

War Eagle, anyway.

Anonymous said...

As an Alabama fan, I'm disappointed. We need a good competitor at the Iron Bowl to make it a noticeable rivalry. With him, Auburn is going down the tube. Tubberville annoyed me so much because he lead Auburn to victories. He was a good coach. I said it. Now Auburn had someone with a losing record? That flat out stinks.